Benefits of cyber exercises include:
- improved observation, reaction and recovery skills of employees and decision-makers in case of severe security incidents
- facilitated detection of defects and vulnerabilities in processes, operating models and systems
- faster allocation of resources to areas identified during the exercises
- increased understanding of supplier dependencies and service provider data security requirements
- intensified cooperation with service providers through joint exercises
- improved identification and management of individual threats in the cyber environment.
We develop our exercise services as part of the KYBER 2020 programme. Our services are designed to improve critical infrastructure providers’ preparedness for cyber threats. We also wish to help organisations to develop their operations independently, through effective and constant practice. Observations made during an exercise can be cultivated into development priorities that enable the organisation to better detect severe security incidents, for instance.
We provide the following cyber exercise-related consulting services
We have surveyed as our partners both domestic and foreign companies providing exercise and training services, in the selection of which we can assist if necessary. Thus, you will get an exercise partner that will be able to serve your very needs. Some of our partners are listed below in section Companies providing exercise and training services. We can also help several eager exercising organisations to find each other.
We can provide a current situation picture suitable for the exact situation in question from both Finland and abroad which, for example, makes it possible to aim the theme of the exercise according to the more probable threats.
The NCSC-FI offers extensive expertise and auxiliary services in its sector. It is possible to include a part of these services as a simulation in the exercise, in which case the exercise experience is closer to a real crisis as a whole.
Depending on the wishes of the exercising organisation, we also offer to act as an observer in the exercise itself. With the help of this, we can gather problems that have arisen in the exercise as well as good practices, guide exercising organisations’ and exercises’ activities in the future and get valuable content for the final analysis that is made of the exercise.
After the exercise has finished we also offer our services and our expertise for breaking down the exercise and for making a final analysis. This part is often perceived important from the point of view of the overall picture of the exercise so that the exercise produces the desired outcome and learning experience.